You could be eligible for housing benefit to help pay your rent if you are on a low income.  How much, whether it is for all of your rent or part of it will depend on your income and circumstances.  You can apply for housing benefit if you are unemployed or if you are working.  If you live with a partner, only one of you can receive housing benefit.  Your savings also need to be below a certain level.

There is no set amount for how much you will receive, it depends on whether you rent privately or from a council.  There are now issues around the unoccupied rooms in your house and how the “bedroom tax” is implemented by your local council or social housing authority.

Often due to benefits sanctions or debt, people get behind on their rent and that can place them in a difficult situation and facing the risk of eviction.  4UP can offer guidance as to how to approach the eviction process and to determine whether the rules regarding eviction have been properly followed by your landlord, especially if you are in privately rented accommodation.